Friday, March 26, 2010

So... what did I eat today

Being Primal - I eat all meats, fowl and fish, eggs, animal fats, healthy oils (olive oil, macadamia nut oil, coconut oil), nuts (particularly macadamia and almonds) and select vegetables. I do not eat any dairy except for ghee (clarified organic butter). Although they get pricey, it is ideal to eat organic veggies and 100% grass fed meats for many reasons... One of the main and most important reasons, aside from the humane treatment and slaughter of these animals, is that the essential omega-3 to omega-6 ratios of grass fed animals is far superior to the traditional, grain fed meat from a mass production meat plant you'd typically find at your local market. This is yet another topic I will blog on in the future - man, I've got a lot of writing to do!

I will also explain why I say select vegetables another time in another post because it's a long story. However, the primal veggie list consists primarily of the low carb, seedless type, such as: any and all green leaf lettuces, kale, spinach, escarole, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, squash, peppers... the list goes on. In fact, I'll post up a list shortly comprised of all the great foods on the Primal menu.

I eat according to how I feel - listening to your body is extremely important. If I'm hungry, I eat; if I'm not, I don't. It's that simple and I never eat past the point of satiety. Some days, I'll have two meals and other days I'll have five. Again, it all depends on what my body is asking for.

So with that being said, let me get to what I had to eat today - which was a typical day of eating for me.

Breakfast: 4 cage-free organic scrambled eggs cooked in clarified organic butter and topped with sauteed mushrooms and peppers.

Lunch: A big salad w/ lettuce, cucumber, sliced mushrooms, green and red peppers, two pieces of grilled chicken, olive oil and a bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice

Snack: A small handful of macadamia nuts

Dinner: Skirt steak (one of my favorite cuts - especially marinated!) and sauteed fresh asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment