Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back on track after a week off from being sick

I think I mentioned previously that I had what I thought began as my typical - this time of year allergies - which turned into a nasty head cold, then traveled down to my chest. This had me down and out for over a week. Eating only scrambled eggs and chicken broth more the majority of it because once it reached my chest that was about all I was able to get down.

This broke before the weekend but I still allowed myself another couple of days rest to be sure I wasn't pushing myself and I was actually over this bug.

All was well and I was back in the gym yesterday. I did workout A of my 5X5 at the same weights that I left off with and I felt great... well rested and strong. By no means did my strength suffer and I easily could have gone +5 on all my lifts but I'm in no hurry... This was more of a test for me being out for so long. Aside from being sick, my body clearly needed the break from lifting.

I'm just going to walk today and on Wed., when I do workout B, I'll go +5 and get my mojo workin' again.

Feels great to be be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment