Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did I bite off more than I can chew?

That's what is going through my mind right now. This new plan has me eating more food than I can physically fit in my body. This is why bodybuilders, who ingest a massive amount of protein, get half their intake from whey shakes. It's a much harder task to get all your protein from whole foods than it is from knocking back a couple of shakes throughout your day.

I am still pushing forward with this mission I'm on; I'm not a wuss - however, I may have to reevaluate my plan of attack. I am not going to substitute real food with whey powder but I may go back to an egg white protein shake in place of at least one of my meat meals... probably my last one of the day. After I eat a nice steak dinner, the last thing I'm looking forward to is another 12oz. of chicken a few hours later.

I'll get it sorted out!

Another thing is my workouts - My legs are getting hammered! Yesterday, I hit the trails on my mtn. bike and had to call it quits after 3 loops including my sprints. This was 15 miles and it was only my 2nd time out on the bike this season. Let's not forget about my lifting days, on M/W/F, which have me doing heavy squats. So thinking I could pull off 4 loops of 20 miles, 2 times per week - on my "off" days - in addition to my lifting... well what was I thinking?

Yet another part of my plan that has to be reexamined. I can tell you that tomorrow, I'm just going to walk and give my wheels a rest! I'm headed off to the gym in a little while for Workout B:

Squats
Overhead Press
Deadlifts
Pull Ups
Planks

I'll think about how I'm going to adjust everything over the next few days and have it all set, with a more reasonable yet still progressive plan, for the following week. In the mean time, I'm just going to cut out that last meal of the day for the rest of the week. If anyone wants some nice tender grass fed chicken breast, c'mon over! I'll cook it any way you like it :D

2 comments:

  1. hmm....pork belly comes to mind... boston butts roasted save all the fat! if i needed to eat more than i could stomach chicken would prolly be my LAST choice... egg yolks instead of egg whites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal, the idea here for me was to increase my protein intake - believe me, I eat plenty of fat! But you're right on the chicken - too much of it just kills me. For some odd reason, I can down a fatty 1lb.+ steak with ease but have trouble with 10-12 oz. of chicken. I do like chicken and eat it all the time but steak will always be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete