Sunday, April 18, 2010

The mission continues...

I took advantage of my down time to reevaluate my diet and fitness goals and have come up with a far more feasible daily routine. I've decided that instead of drawing up this picture in my mind of what the finish line looks like, I'm just going to live like I'm already there. I have high expectations of myself because I believe in myself. I am not a cocky person at all - I simply know that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.

I admit that one of my faults is that I can get ahead of myself at times... I set unrealistic goals which wind up backfiring on me. This is what happened with both my food and my workouts over the past couple of weeks. I was trying to eat too much and was trying to overextend my workouts to a level that A) I'm not conditioned for and B) learned that no one is conditioned for.

I took the advice given to me and have a reduced protein intake for the upcoming week. I have also readjusted and leveled out my workout schedule. Don't get me wrong, I do not fool around in the gym - I lift as heavy as I can without chancing an injury and I always strive to add more weight - but his new plan takes a lot of pressure off my back.

This is a lifestyle that I have chosen because I have fun with it and because it enables me to increase my health and brings my fitness level to my maximum potential which is not something I have always taken advantage of throughout my life. To maintain this, I have come to the conclusion that I need to "Act as if". Meaning I'm going to live like I'm already where I want to be and just continue doing my thing like it's second nature. Otherwise, I find myself caught in the perfectionist mold of never being satisfied. This is a bad habit that I'm working to overcome. OK, that's enough of a public therapy session for me. I've had a strange and very disappointing day today and am in an even stranger mood tonight.

Tomorrow my mission shall continue - without the stresses - and I'll be back in the gym and eating clean, as always. It's time for me to put the fun back into what I've got going on here. Because quite frankly... if I don't, it sucks.

I'll update my workout and my foods tomorrow and promise to be in a better mood :)

1 comment:

  1. way to go! destressing, in my opinion is INCREDIBLY valuable and overlooked. especially good sleep. i value sleep and "me time" A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete